Friday 26 December 2014

Eating all around Town

I haven't written a post in a long time, so I'll take this opportunity to talk about all the different restaurants I've been to lately.

The Ace
I learned about The Ace in Roncesvalles from You Gotta Eat Here on the Food Network and have been wanting to try it out since.  It's a pretty small diner and we went in for some Sunday brunch.  We ordered the Ace Benedict and the Huevos Rancheros.  They were delicious.




I Deal Coffee
Since we were in the Roncesvalles area, we took a walk around the neighbourhood and came across this cute cafe called I Deal Coffee that was on a residential street.  Another very cozy place to have coffee on a sunny day.



Bar Ape
I saw Bar Ape on Instagram and thought they had the cutest food truck ever, so we tracked it down one day and tried out their gelato bars.  I didn't actually like the flavours that we had that day very much.  I think it was more of a fad.



Sansotei Ramen
We've only recently had the chance to try out Sansotei Ramen even though it's been around for a while.  Someone told us it was better than Santouka Ramen, so we had to check it out.  We got there at around 6pm and had to wait out in the cold for a table.  I think that's the last time I'll be doing that!  Their ramen was ok, but I didn't think it was better than Santouka.  I would happily go to Santouka over this place any day.  And they had really poor seating arrangements so that half the space was wasted because they couldn't seat customers in between customers while sharing a table.


Pastizza
We pass by this place called Pastizza every time we drive downtown and park by the Esplanade Green P Parking lot.  We finally went there for dinner one day after work.  They have a variety of pasta and pizza dishes and three kinds of hot olive oil for the pizza.  Silly thing was that we didn't realize that the pizza we had ordered was made with spicy tomato sauce and our mouths were burning all night long.  But the food was pretty good overall.



Duo Patisserie
I'm really happy about this wonderful patisserie called Duo Patisserie that opened up in the Markham/Richmond Hill area.  Their pastries and cakes are awesome!  I have been going there almost every weekend since I discovered this place and have tried almost everything.  Everything there is guaranteed delicious.






The Ace on Urbanspoon Sansotei Ramen on Urbanspoon Pastizza on Urbanspoon Duo Patisserie & Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment