Sunday 17 April 2011

Friendly service, but what happened to the food at Capocaccia?

Last Friday was a gorgeous day, warm and sunny even around 6-7pm.  My bf and I walked up Bloor St. to the Rosedale/Summerhill area because I really wanted to try out one of the restaurants in the Terroni group of restaurants and Bar Centrale was right in the area.  Unfortunately, there was a long wait even though we arrived around 6:30pm, so we decided to move on and pick another restaurant up Yonge St. (Rosedale/Summerhill is a snobby area even for the likes of the Blinger).

We came across this restaurant called Capocaccia and decided to give it a try.  The atmosphere was good, nice and casual setting.  We ordered an appetizer, pasta and wine.  Our waitress was very friendly and helpful. 

The appetizer was grilled calamari with an arugula salad.  It was fresh and enjoyable, but then came the disappointment of the main course.  The Risotto Funghi was horrible and completely tasteless.  White button mushrooms were used and there was no sign of any seasoning like not even a little salt!  Maybe the chef fell asleep while cooking this dish.  The wild mushroom risotto that I made at home a few months ago tasted much better than this.
Luckily that was not my dish.  I ordered the Ravioli di Funghi, which is essentially the same thing, but with ravioli.  Mine tasted much better and I could taste the truffle oil.  I guess the chef was awake while making my dish.
After the main course, we decided to skip dessert and have made the decision never to return to Capocaccia!
Capocaccia Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment