Monday 21 May 2012

Fun in Vegas 2012

The girls and I were in Vegas a couple of weekends ago to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party.  We ended up doing mostly shopping and walking around the strip, nothing crazy that you would expect on a regular Vegas trip :P  I'm surprised that there are so many new hotels since my last trip there two years ago.  We stayed at the Luxor this time.  I've been inside the hotel before but never stayed there.  The rooms were alright for the price that we paid, pretty standard rooms, nothing luxurious.
 

Here are some of my food adventures in Las Vegas.  We had lunch at one of the many Wolfgang Puck restaurants.  This one was called Wolfgang Puck Pizzeria & Cucina inside the Crystals at CityCenter, which is right beside the Aria Hotel.  We had the mushroom pizza and prosciutto pizza.  I liked the mushroom one better because the prosciutto one was kind of dry.
For our choice of buffet out of the hundreds of buffet places in Vegas, we decided to go to Wynn's The Buffet.  The price for Saturday brunch was cheaper than what you would pay for dinner, but they didn't serve any crab legs at brunch!  I think I had more dessert than main course.  Their desserts were great!
 
 
For our fancy dinner, we went to Mix inside the Mandalay Bay hotel.  It was right beside the Luxor and the hotels were connected.  We went all the way up to the 64th floor for our meals and had a great time.  The tasting menu, decor, ambiance and service was very nice.  The waiter even helped us take a bunch of pictures on their patio.  I was very full and couldn't finish all my courses!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We also visited The Chandelier lounge at the Cosmopolitan Hotel with their impressive three stories worth of crystal chandeliers.
The trip was a tiring one with lots of late nights, but I'm glad that my friend had a blast before her big day this June.  Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment