Sunday 22 April 2012

Buttery Treats at Butter Avenue

A couple of weeks ago, we dropped by the Yonge and York Mills area and decided to go into Butter Avenue because it was recommended by a friend of ours.  We tasted the chocolate croissant and a bunch of macarons, along with some of their teas.  The croissant was buttery soft with many fluffy layers.  Reminded me of the croissants I would get when I was in Montreal.
There were a large variety of macaron flavours.  I thought the flavours were quite nice but the meringue was a little more chewy than I would have liked.
 
Their cakes looked pretty amazing, but the prices were a little too high ($7.25 for a small slither!), so we didn't try any of them.
Overall, this place would've been great to come to if it was located a bit closer to the subway line.  It is right smack in the middle of York Mills and Lawrence on Yonge and closer to the Loblaws, so not a lot of shops around there.  I think most people would stay along the area where the rest of the shops are located closer to Lawrence.

Butter Avenue on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment