Sunday 10 July 2011

Summerlicious 2011 at Starfish

I was happy to find out from HHH that Starfish is taking part in Summerlicious this year (I didn't think they did in previous years?) because they have a great selection of oysters and seafood!  The $35 dinner menu offered a choice of half a dozen oysters, clam chowder or fish cakes as appetizer, a rainbow trout, pork or moules - frites as main, and a toffee pudding, peach & raspberry cobbler or chocolate brownie as dessert.  The appetizer was an easy choice.  I went with the oysters which were fresh and delightful as always from Starfish.
For those who don't like raw oysters like HHH, you can try the fish cakes.

For our mains, we all ordered the rainbow trout which was a great choice.  It was cooked perfectly and the skin was nice and crispy.
I was surprised to find the frites at Starfish quite tasty.  They remind me of the frites from Montreal.

The dessert selection was quite disappointing though.  I don't think any of them passed in my books especially the peach & raspberry cobbler.  I wouldn't recommend getting dessert at Starfish if you were not ordering from the Summerlicious menu.
Starfish on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. did you go with HHH? he's actually a pseudo foodie .. he didn't even know who Jean George was. Epix fail.

    ReplyDelete