Friday 20 May 2011

All cheesed-out at Obika Mozzarella Bar

Obika Mozzarella Bar opened up at Brookfield Place right in the centre of the Financial district this Monday, so I was very excited to try out this place since I'm such a fan of fresh mozzarella.  This place specializes in Mozzarella di Bufala Campana DOP, made fresh with buffalo milk and imported directly from Italy.

We ordered the Bufala Classica with Prosciutto Crudo San Daniele DOP to start.  This tasted absolutely amazing.  The cheese was so creamy and fluffy yet a tiny bit chewy.  Complemented with the super thin slices of prosciutto, this was the perfect combination of flavours.  I enjoyed this as compared to the bufala affumicata (smoked mozzarella) sampler that they offered us at the beginning of the meal.

We also ordered a pizza, but the mozzarella platter at the beginning was quite filling.  The pizza turned out more to be a flat bread than a real pizza.  There was no tomato sauce or cheese except for the scattered bits of mozzarella.  This was not what I had expected, but I found the crust to be quite tasty despite the fact that it was more of a flat bread.

I think I would only return to this place for the mozzarella bar items, but at the price of $19.50, it is not an everyday choice for me, so we'll see how long this place can last amongst the business crowd. 
Obika Mozzarella Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment